In 1644 a lone farmhouse at foot of the Hahneberg hill in the southern suburb had already been licensed to sell beer and wine. It was here, outside the farm in the fields, that about forty years later the ‘Schlösschen’ [mansion or large country house] was built, in a popular excursion destination.
In May 1838 the Meisl brothers bought the estate and began the construction of a lager brewery in the old Feldschlößchen [‘mansion in the fields’] and in 1858 they founded the ‘Aktienbrauerei zum Feldschlößchen’.
In1909 the Feldschlößchen brewery was awarded the Medal of Merit of the Royal Capital and Seat of Dresden.
During the Second World War 55 per cent of the brewery was destroyed. However, production was resumed as early as 1945.
At the start of the 1960s the three Dresden breweries: Feldschlößchen, Felsenkeller and Waldschlößchen formed the state-owned company VEB Dresdner Brauereien. In 1973 the foundation stone was laid for the Dresden-Coschütz Brewery, Cunnersdorfer Strasse.
In 1979 the VE Drinks Combine for the Dresden District was formed from the VEB Dresden Breweries and the Breweries of the Dresden District. In 1981 the first beer in Coschütz was brewed. From April 1983 the Dresden Coschütz Brewery functioned as the parent company of the VE Getränkekombinat [drinks combine], to which 14 breweries belonged.
After reunification in 1990 there was a reorganization and the founding of the Sächsischen Brau-Union (SBU). In 1991 the SBU commenced production of Feldschlößchen Pilsner. Beer production in the Feldschlößchen brewery on Budapester Strasse then ceased.
In 1992 the Holsten-Brauerei AG acquired 100% of the Sächsische Brau-Union. In1995 the Sächsische Brau-Union was renamed the "Feldschlößchen Aktiengesellschaft Dresden".
The "Feldschlößchen Stammhaus" tavern opened in 1998. It is still located in the restored engine house of the former Feldschlößchen brewery on Budapester Strasse.
In 2004 Carlsberg A/S, Copenhagen/ Denmark finally acquired the majority of shares of the Holsten Brauerei AG. Feldschlößchen thus became part of the Carlsberg Group Deutschland.
Feldschlößchen increased their commitment to the city of Dresden and in 2005 organised the first brewery fest on the site in Coschütz.
In 2006 the legendary Pichmännel figure was brought back to the brand logo and thus to all bottle labels. In earlier years the historic, popular character had already stood for "Original Dresden Brewing Art" and was the reason that Dresdeners fondly called their Feldschlößchen beer "Männelbier".
In 2008 the brewery celebrated 150 impressive years of brewery history in Saxony.
Since 2011 the Feldschlößchen brewery is back in eastern German hands. On 1 November 2011 the Danish Carlsberg Group sold the brewery to a medium-sized brewery group, which already owned the Frankfurter Brauhaus and the French brewery, Brasserie Champigneulles. Since 01.01.2016 Gilde Brauerei GmbH from Hanover complements the brewery group.
In 2013 Feldschlößchen organised the first "Pichmännel-Oktoberfest" in Dresden.
With its long-standing brewing tradition, flexibility and regional strength, high quality and and broad range of products Feldschlößchen Aktiengesellschaft is a trusted partner for retail chains, drinks wholesalers and the restaurant and catering industry.